Security & Fire Protection Systems/GE Concord 4 Series System Supervisory Error chime/Beep

How do I disable/clear a system 16 supervisory chime in a GE Concord 4 series home protection system? The alarm history shows the error as P1 Z16. Despite what I do the system beeps 5 times starting at 8 AM and again at 9 PM. I ran a sensor test but I could not see the results - apparently the results were sent to the installing company.

Hello William, and thanks for your question.

The "P1" stands for partition 1, and is part of a location rather than a trouble. The "Z16" refers to the zone number. If you press the * key, the display should give you additional information concerning the fault. If the additional information is something that you need help with, let me know.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.