Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV cameras installation in exam centres.

Dear Malcolm

Do you recommend to install CCTV cameras in exam centers of schools, colleges and institutions?.

Hi Prashant,

The obvious question I would ask, is why it is felt that there is a requirement for CCTV in the first place? I can only presume that the main reason for this is due to potential levels of cheating occurring during examinations? If this was the case, then I would advise that CCTV could be used as a tool to help combat cheating and could be construed as a legitimate use of surveillance means.

However, using CCTV comes with a responsibility - the level of which will depend in your country of residence. Data Protection, student privacy and cost should all be considered as part of any general proposal.

Kindest regards

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Malcolm Evans

I can answer questions relating to Fire systems and Gaseous Fire Suppression systems, both mechanical (including Integrity Testing) and electrical components (Addressable and Conventional systems) and can cover UK standards and regulations. Also, I am Ansul trained and certified in R-102 Ansul Kitchen Suppression system design, installation and maintenance.

I have 2 years experience with my current employer, a UK Fire Protection Company, in installation, testing and maintenance of various system types, and design of Ansul R-102 Kitchen Suppression systems.

FIA (Fire Industry Association) and BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) accredited. Ansul certified.

Secondary Education (GCSE's) and Technical College (City & Guilds).

Land Rover; RBoS; Wilkinsons; Jaguar; British Telecoms; British Sky Broadcasting; Welsh Assembly; BBC Scotland; Crowne Plaza Hotel chain; Holiday Inn Hotel chain; Hilton Hotel chain; London Heathrow; Gatwick; Financial Institutions; Local Government Offices and many more