Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV cameras installation in exam centres.

Question
Dear Malcolm

Do you recommend to install CCTV cameras in exam centers of schools, colleges and institutions?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant,

The obvious question I would ask, is why it is felt that there is a requirement for CCTV in the first place? I can only presume that the main reason for this is due to potential levels of cheating occurring during examinations? If this was the case, then I would advise that CCTV could be used as a tool to help combat cheating and could be construed as a legitimate use of surveillance means.

However, using CCTV comes with a responsibility - the level of which will depend in your country of residence. Data Protection, student privacy and cost should all be considered as part of any general proposal.

Kindest regards

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Malcolm Evans