Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV cameras installation in exam centres.

Question
QUESTION: Dear John

Do you recommend CCTV cameras installed in exam centers of schools,colleges and institutions?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Sure, why not.

Unfortunately it is unlawful to install them in bathrooms, but crime is a crime.

If you have to ask the question, than you know you have to do it.

QUESTION: Dear John

Thanks.

The CCTV cameras will record the exam proceedings in the exam hall where the students are giving exams.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Also important, all students must be aware of the fact that they will be video taped.  
It keeps honest people honest.

I actually believe that there should be a documentation of the exam by video, you can also match the face of the individual with the exam they are taking.  I am also aware that many times in the past, other people will sit in on an exam for another student and take the test because the other student is incapable of doing it.  You would be surprised what people will do for money.

So if you are going to do this, you might also consider facial recognition software as well.  

Security & Fire Protection Systems

John E. Pecore Power Quality Engineer