Security & Fire Protection Systems/How to change alarm delay

Question
Hi, I am a homeowner with an FBII XL-2T system with 4600SM keypad. My door alarm delay is set for 10 seconds. How can I change it to "no delay"?

Answer
Hello Steve, and thanks for your question.

Exit and entry delays are set through system programming, and you'd need the Installer's Password to access that. However, this will do you no good; delays for this system are set in 15 second increments, and the shortest delay that can be set is 15 seconds (I know you mentioned yours is set at 10 seconds, but the manual differs).

Is there a special condition where you need a zero entry delay? Perhaps there's a different way to accomplish it. If you can describe the need and tell me what else is included in the system, I'll see what else can be done.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler