Security & Fire Protection Systems/Firex DAPC

Sir, I must learn how to disassemble these alarms in my home as we have found numerous bugging devices and the smoke detectors are generating large RF signals that must be inspected.  The user manual is of no use.  Can you advise?  Respectfully, Joe

Hello Joe, and thanks for writing.

Smoke detectors aren't supposed to be disassembled by users (some of them contain radioactive material), but I can see you have a special need.

May I suggest that you contact the manufacturer directly with your concern? Firex was acquired by Kidde a few years back; here's how you can get in contact with them:

Alternatively, if you can't get help from them, why not replace the detectors with new ones, and dispose of the old ones?

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.