Security & Fire Protection Systems/Firex DAPC

Question
Sir, I must learn how to disassemble these alarms in my home as we have found numerous bugging devices and the smoke detectors are generating large RF signals that must be inspected.  The user manual is of no use.  Can you advise?  Respectfully, Joe

Answer
Hello Joe, and thanks for writing.

Smoke detectors aren't supposed to be disassembled by users (some of them contain radioactive material), but I can see you have a special need.

May I suggest that you contact the manufacturer directly with your concern? Firex was acquired by Kidde a few years back; here's how you can get in contact with them:

http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/locator/contact-us/

Alternatively, if you can't get help from them, why not replace the detectors with new ones, and dispose of the old ones?

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Dave  

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler