Security & Fire Protection Systems/all HW zone faults on FBII devices and Safewatch 3000 20P panel

After Wiring 3 door contacts, 6 glassbreaks (had to stack 2 glassbreaks on 1 zones each), 1 motion detector and 2 Smoke detectors (wired in series to 1 zone)
Reason stacking 2 G/B because SW Panel did not have as many HW Zone terminals as FBII XL-31 board.
As soon as I got the panel Programmed, all of my Hardwired zones faulted. I was guessing that either the devices had issues with the 2.2K resistors or they were wired in N/O position. the door contacts responded on chime when tripped. I have not checked to see exactly what Value the resistors are as they are most likely installed at the device, as the panel had no resistors when installing SW 3000 20P panel/board.   
I would greatly appreciate input on this issue if possible.

Wow.  Sounds like you're having "fun".  :-)

First of all, please ensure that all of the contacts, and alarm switches in the various devices are wired in SERIES.  Most alarm switches are wired "closed" when in their normal state and "open" on alarm.  This could be the reason why the panel isn't "seeing" the end-of-line.  You'll also have to wire the end-of-line resistor on one leg (usually the common terminal) of the circuit only.  Ideally they should be located in the field at the "last device", but this is rarely done on home security systems.  The best way to ensure the zone is behaving normally is to put the end-of-line straight across it (without any field terminations).  This will "close the loop" and you'll get a "clear" status on the zone.  Then proceed to wire the field device's contacts as I've suggested (series connection, not parallel).

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)