Security & Fire Protection Systems/XLSTAR 4600 RM

Question
I have a XL STAR 4600 RM and lately it has been beeping set or unset. The beeps are intermittent and sometimes will go for hours . Cannot find what the problem is but today I noticed when I pushed the Instant button it stopped. When I let go of the instant button it started beeping again.  Can you please help me with this problem.  

Thanks Joe

Answer
If the AC/Lo Bat light is pulsing in time to the sounder, then you'll have to replace the system's battery.  You can source a 12volt 4.5 or 5.0 AH sealed lead acid battery from Home Depot or Lowes.  Find your common control unit (the main box) and open it up.  You'll see the battery in the bottom of the enclosure with two leads coming from it.  One is "red" (positive) and the other is "black" (negative).  Make sure you connect the new battery to the right terminals!

In the interim you should be able to silence the annoying beeping by entering your code.

Good luck.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz