Security & Fire Protection Systems/First Alert FA260

Question
The tone that comes from the keyboard is VERY quite now. Is there a way to increase the volume?

Answer
Hello Jim, and thanks for your question.

No, there is no volume control on the sounder in the keypad. It's a piezoelectric sounder mounted on the circuit board of the keypad. You can recognize it as a plastic cylinder about the size of a dime with one small hole in the center of the top.

The reason I mention this is that we used to mute the sounder by covering that hole with a piece of tape. So if it somehow has become fouled with dust, this might be the cause. If so, a shot or two of compressed air might solve the problem.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler