Security & Fire Protection Systems/First Alert FA260

The tone that comes from the keyboard is VERY quite now. Is there a way to increase the volume?

Hello Jim, and thanks for your question.

No, there is no volume control on the sounder in the keypad. It's a piezoelectric sounder mounted on the circuit board of the keypad. You can recognize it as a plastic cylinder about the size of a dime with one small hole in the center of the top.

The reason I mention this is that we used to mute the sounder by covering that hole with a piece of tape. So if it somehow has become fouled with dust, this might be the cause. If so, a shot or two of compressed air might solve the problem.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.