Security & Fire Protection Systems/Intrusion Detection Unit Burglary 89XO

Question
Greetings from Canada, Problem: The unit is located near ceiling outlet box.  Some time ago a chandelier attached to the box was removed.  I am trying to connect a new light fixture.  In the outlet box I have 5 wires, Ground, White and Black - main hydro wiring.  Two other wires are White/Green and Red, which I suspect belong to the sensor.  Nobody remembers original connections of the two additional wires.  I cannot find any wiring info for the sensor.  Any idea how to proceed with the hook up?

Slawomir Wycech
Ottawa

Answer
Hello Slawomir, and thanks for writing.

I don't have enough information to even make an educated guess. The two left over wires (after accounting for the main power for the light fixture) isn't enough to wire an intrusion detection device; it'd need a minimum of four conductors (two for power, and two for the alarm circuit).

Best advice is to have an electrician take a look, and try to determine the intended function of the other two wires.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler