Security & Fire Protection Systems/Ranger American control box

Question
QUESTION: Hello, Hopefully you are still in the security business.  When I bought my home in 1992 it came with a Ranger American wired security system.  Approximately 10 years ago I went to another vendor and then 3 years ago opted to convert to wireless (cellular??) service.  Well I now have changed vendors again and found out today that when my system equipment was taken back by my vendor yesterday that they had removed my Ranger American control box 3-years ago when they installed their own control box.  Now I have a hole in my closet wall and exposed wires.  There is a plug below where the box was and according to the company that pulled my leased equipment yesterday the plug is where they plugged in to provide electricity to their box and they probably had recycled the Ranger American box or left it for us when they installed the wireless..  They didn't leave it and now I don't know where I can get a box to replace the RA box.  I'm not one to want to patch a hole in the wall with wires inside it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.  Carl

ANSWER: Hello Carl, and thanks for your question,

From what I gather, you've gone through multiple vendors, and the last vendor removed their leased equipment, leaving a hole in you wall. And now you have no equipment.

Is this correct?

If so, your next vendor will supply a new control panel and cover the hole in the wall.

If you want to "do-it-yourself",then you can shop for a new control panel at online sites like:

http://www.alarmsuperstore.com/store/index.php

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Dave

QUESTION: My new system was installed today and it is completely wireless so no control box for the closet.  Guess I will find some kind of plate to cover the hole.  Unless you have any other ideas.

Thanks so much

Answer
My apologies, Carl, I completely misunderstood your question.

Any handyman will be able to make a drywall patch to close the holes left in the wall from the previous control. As for the wiring that was left behind, as long as the plug-in transformer has been removed, there's no danger in burying them in the wall as they are not energized.

Thanks for following up with me!

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler