Security & Fire Protection Systems/ATM machines installation inside Shipping ports.

Dear Frank

Is it feasible and secure for ATM machines installation inside Shipping ports?.

These days many private ATM machines are being installed (ones that are not directly advertised as being part of a bank's network), and where the owner benefits from receiving proceeds from each transaction.  I don't imagine it would be difficult to set one up in a shipping port.  The difficulty I see is when you have to replenish the machine.  As a privately owned system, you would be responsible for filling it and wouldn't necessarily be able to employ armed and certified guard services.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)