Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV monitoring System for Cable Cars - Aerial Tramway.

Question
Dear Dave

Is it feasible to install CCTV cameras in Cable Cars and then centrally monitored by CCTV monitors?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello Prashant, and thanks for your question.

Cable Cars are outside of my expertise ... but I can imagine it would be a difficult problem to solve.

If there are telephones for emergencies on the cars, then there's obviously connectivity from the Cable Cars to the outside. But however that is done, would there be enough bandwidth to support video?

I think I'd explore a Wi-Fi solution, but even then coverage might be spotty, depending on where the cable cars are in use. If Wi-Fi is available, then I suspect that wireless IP Cameras could be installed in the Cable Cars. But it would all depend on the coverage and the transmitting range of the cameras.

I hope this helps, but I'm afraid I have little to offer in this venue.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler