Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV monitoring System for Cable Cars - Aerial Tramway.

Dear Steven

Is it feasible to install CCTV cameras in Cable cars and then centrally monitored by CCTV monitors?.

I need a bit more information so I can advise you well. Please answer the following -

Is this a cable car on a track on the street, or is it aerial?

What is the length of the route(s)?

What type of area does it travel through(urban, rural, mountainous)?

Generally, communications infrastructure which allows for real time monitoring is the barrier to installing a system such as you mention. Budgetary considerations will most likely play the largest role in the feasibility of such a project. Both initial expense as well as ongoing operational costs will vary according to what type of system is installed.

Best Regards,

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman

Any question related to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), Access Control Systems (ACS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), and "Single Platform" Systems Integration Technical Writing and Documentation

25 years in the design and installation of security systems. 9 years experience in port and maritime security systems.

Government Security News

Various Factory Certifications

Moffatt & Nichol, Engineers (Port of Long Beach, Port of San Diego, Alabama State Docks), Disney Studios, McDonnell Douglas, Various Celebrities