Security & Fire Protection Systems/CCTV monitoring System for Cable Cars - Aerial Tramway.

Question
Dear Steven

Is it feasible to install CCTV cameras in Cable cars and then centrally monitored by CCTV monitors?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,

I need a bit more information so I can advise you well. Please answer the following -

Is this a cable car on a track on the street, or is it aerial?

What is the length of the route(s)?

What type of area does it travel through(urban, rural, mountainous)?

Generally, communications infrastructure which allows for real time monitoring is the barrier to installing a system such as you mention. Budgetary considerations will most likely play the largest role in the feasibility of such a project. Both initial expense as well as ongoing operational costs will vary according to what type of system is installed.

Best Regards,

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman