Security & Fire Protection Systems/Reciprocating Motion in Electric motion.

Question
Dear Steven

1 Is it possible to achieve reciprocating Motion in Electric motor i. e. Moving forward and backward in straight line apart from the conventional rotary Motion of Electric motor?.

2 If yes, Do you feel there could be advantages in designing electrical products which have a reciprocating Motion?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,

This is outside of my field of study. However, I believe that the rotary motion of an electric motor is an aspect of how electromotive power works. With the magnets / copper coil rotating to produce current. You would need to utilize gearing to achieve a linear motion.

Hope this helps,

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman