Security & Fire Protection Systems/Smoke Alarms

In 2010, you suggested that a replacement for the defunct Dicon 330L would be an SA360 smoke alarm, that can attach to the mounting base of the Dicon. What brand is the SA360, or are there others that fit the bill for these 120V hard wired smoke detectors.

Hello Tim, and thanks or your question.

It looks like the SA360 from American Sensors went obsolete in 2014. As near as I can see, they're recommending replacement with a BRK model, but it appears that the base and wiring harness will have to be changed out.

Here's the bulletin:

Keep in mind that if the detectors you're looking to replace are ten or more years old, then they all should be replaced. In this case, you have many choices, since you only have to match compatibility with the existing wiring.
I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.