Security & Fire Protection Systems/VSN Keepwatch 6: Changed from analog phone to voip phone

Question
Hi Dave,

I have a VSN Keepwatch 6 system (PC1550), unmonitored.

Recently I got rid of my analog phone line in favor of dry loop DSL.  I want to know how I can configure my alarm system so that it does not try to obtain dial tone in the event of an alarm trip.  I have some documentation left by the previous home owner, and it contains an installer's code, tho I don't know how to check if it is valid or not.

Can you help me out with changing my system config?

Peter

Answer
Hello Peter, and thanks for writing.

If your Installer's Code is valid, you can change the configuration.

First, download the manual here:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwim0vXZi47MAhWM5yYKHbzeBXMQFggxMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alarmhow.net%2Fmanuals%2FAdemco%2FBranded%2520Panels%2FEmergency%2520Networks%2FPC1550%2520EMNET%2520Installation%2520Manual.pdf&usg=AFQjCNH4dE50u1M1md-1v312tVsY9f4Igg

Programming instructions begin on page 10. Just use your Installer Code instead of the default 1550. Read over the methodology, and then refer to section 12 on page 14.

All you have to do is disable the communicator, which is option [1].

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Dave  

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler