Security & Fire Protection Systems/Buypass Zone permanently

We had alarm screens for many years but have recently replaced our windows with theft resistant glass and therefore did not reinstall the screens.  However, the installers did not properly tie the wires together so we have a zone fault.  Can you please tell us how to reprogram the alarm to permanently buypass a zone? I was going to disconnect the zone but the circuits are not marked.  We have a Emergency Networks 1550R.  Thank you very much.

Hookup Diagram
Hookup Diagram  
Hello Jim and thanks for your question ... and I apologize for the delay in responding.

If there's not a hookup diagram on the inside cover of the control box, you can find one by Googling for a DSC 1550 Installation Manual. I'm attaching a screen grab that shows the terminals and zone numbers, though.

All you have to do is remove the wires from whichever zone is faulted because of the removed screens, and replace those wires with a 1,000 (1K) ohm resistor. That will complete the circuit and it'll show as good forever more. This is a lot easier than trying to resolve through system programming.

Please let me know if you have follow-up questions.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.