Seeding and Propagation/Tulip Poplar Trees

HillFolk wrote at 2014-08-25 04:28:23
The Liriodendron tulipifera tree at my mother's house had an aphid / ant problem.  It was dripping a lot of sap.  The ants were tending their herd of aphids.  

The answer was quick, simple and effective.  One dose of Bayer Advanced : "Tree and Shrub Insect Control" around the roots of the tree cleared the tree of ants and aphids.  I re-apply every couple of years to make sure they don't return.  The tree is doing great and so is anything parked under it.

(I learned about this stuff when overcoming a similar problem on Crepe Myrtles.)

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo

I have been growing plants from seeds for at least 20 years. I have grown literally hundreds of different kinds of vegetables, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, some cacti, water plants, iris, rose, lilies, cannas, etc. I enjoy starting from seed.

I've been growing my own seeds for 20 years with indoor propagation equipment I built myself. I am also an Allexperts volunteer on the perennial forum. I have completed the Master Gardener course through the Kansas State University Extension. I have experience with a wide variety of seeds and I have also read through Norm Deno's books on seed germination.