Seeding and Propagation/gardening

I may be in the wrong place for this question but here goes,have you heard of mike mcgroaty's back yard growing system,is this for real.I dont have money to waste on something that dont work

Hi Peggy,
Thanx for your question.  Yes, I have heard of this system.  I sort of looked into it many years ago but decided I could save a lot of money by teaching myself which is what I've done more or less.  Many people swear by his system and many discount it and say the same thing as I, that all of his information is free on the Internet.  The thing is, from what I've heard his supporters say, he has grouped the information together in a common language and so his system saves one time in searching for the necessary information and I guess he makes himself available for consultation, provides encouragement and periodic updates.  I cannot endorse him as I have no direct experience with him and I cannot criticize him for the same reasons.  Here are some links to some discussions about his systems.  I hope this helps.

P.S.  You can google Mike McGroaty and find more info.  I hope this helps.

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo

I have been growing plants from seeds for at least 20 years. I have grown literally hundreds of different kinds of vegetables, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, some cacti, water plants, iris, rose, lilies, cannas, etc. I enjoy starting from seed.

I've been growing my own seeds for 20 years with indoor propagation equipment I built myself. I am also an Allexperts volunteer on the perennial forum. I have completed the Master Gardener course through the Kansas State University Extension. I have experience with a wide variety of seeds and I have also read through Norm Deno's books on seed germination.