Seeding and Propagation/Pear tree

My pear tree
My pear tree  

My pear
My pear  
Hi Tom I have a beautiful tree in my backyard. We have lived in this house for 7 years and this tree produces beautiful White balloons in the summertime. We always admiring how beautiful it blooms in the summertime, however this summer at the in anyhow we noticed these buds on the tree. Now I see it there not but if some type of fruit. I started researching and discovered that these are some type of pear. It is all a lot of them on this tree.  They are about the size of an acorn at the moment. My question is will they get any bigger? As you can imagine I am very excited that this tree is bearing fruit. Who knew, the previous owners never said there was a pair tree in our backyard. Maybe it never bloomed while they were here and they didn't know.

Hi Thelma,
Thanx for your question.  Sorry to take so long to get back to you.  I should have put my self in vacation mode and I've been involved in some other business.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused you.  This tree does not appear to be a pear tree to me unless it is one of the wild varieties that was used to make pear root stock or to breed to make the ornamental Bradford pear.  Can you send me some close-ups of the leaves and how the fruit looks on the tree please?  Is this the first year the tree has fruited?  Can you open one of the fruits up and let's have a look at the seed structure inside?  Thanx!

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo

I have been growing plants from seeds for at least 20 years. I have grown literally hundreds of different kinds of vegetables, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, some cacti, water plants, iris, rose, lilies, cannas, etc. I enjoy starting from seed.

I've been growing my own seeds for 20 years with indoor propagation equipment I built myself. I am also an Allexperts volunteer on the perennial forum. I have completed the Master Gardener course through the Kansas State University Extension. I have experience with a wide variety of seeds and I have also read through Norm Deno's books on seed germination.