Seeding and Propagation/lawn coverage options

I live in Atlanta, GA.
I currently have a grass lawn in the front of my house. My back yard is a grass lawn also, but with boarders of mulch against the fence and under my deck.

I am looking to replace dirt/mulch areas and some grass areas with some type of plant/grass/weed, something!

-afforable, I have a lot of area to cover so I think I'll need a lot of seed. The more affordable the better!
-little to low maintenance
-preferably lasts all year, but doesn't matter.
-color doesn't matter.

Hope this is not asking for much, but what your your suggestions?

Hi Terrell,
Thanx for your question. My expertise in the area of seeding in propagation is more in the area of starting plants from seeds and getting them to maturity.  Your question is more of a landscaping/lawn question.  If I were you, I would go back to Home/Garden and Click on Landscaping.  There are experts there under both Landscaping/Design and Lawns.  Someone in those two categories will be able to give your question a better shot as it leans to the landscaping/lawn category.  I hope this helps.  If you don't get satisfaction come back and let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo

I have been growing plants from seeds for at least 20 years. I have grown literally hundreds of different kinds of vegetables, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, some cacti, water plants, iris, rose, lilies, cannas, etc. I enjoy starting from seed.

I've been growing my own seeds for 20 years with indoor propagation equipment I built myself. I am also an Allexperts volunteer on the perennial forum. I have completed the Master Gardener course through the Kansas State University Extension. I have experience with a wide variety of seeds and I have also read through Norm Deno's books on seed germination.