Seeding and Propagation/yucca tree black spots

My FL yucca tree has black spots on almost every leaf but they otherwise look healthy.  Will I need to cut all of them off or just be careful to keep them cleaned up when they die and fall off?  And can you recommend a good site to identify they type of palm tree I have in my yard?

Hi Carol,
Don't worry about the yucca unless it starts wilting or dying.  Sometimes, this type of fungus will show up on a plant in a humid area. When it warms up, a lot of the fungus will probably disappear.

Here is a photo guide to palms.

I hope this helps.

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo

I have been growing plants from seeds for at least 20 years. I have grown literally hundreds of different kinds of vegetables, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, tropicals, some cacti, water plants, iris, rose, lilies, cannas, etc. I enjoy starting from seed.

I've been growing my own seeds for 20 years with indoor propagation equipment I built myself. I am also an Allexperts volunteer on the perennial forum. I have completed the Master Gardener course through the Kansas State University Extension. I have experience with a wide variety of seeds and I have also read through Norm Deno's books on seed germination.