Seeding and Propagation/Olive tree blossoms/fruit

Question
My olive tree is 4-5 years old, 3' high, growing as a bush.
How long does it usually take to get blossoms/fruit?
I live in Florida and the tree is planted in a sunny location.

Answer
Hi Michael,
Thanx for your question.  There are some cultivars of olive that will bear fruit in as little as 3 years.  Other cultivars take 5-12 years.  If there is not a pollinator near by, the olive tree may never bear fruit.  If you started the tree from seed it may never bear fruit and it could also take upwards of 10 years to bear fruit and the fruit will not resemble the fruit from which you obtained the seed due to hybridization.  There are also olive cultivars that naturally do not bear fruit.  Do you know the cultivar you have and are there any pollinators near by (other olive trees).  I hope this helps.
Tom

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo