Seeding and Propagation/Jacardanda

Question
Hi Tom
I live in Corfu,Greece. I have been given some Jacaranda seeds.
What is the bast way to treat them and get them to grow.
Thank you.
Richard

Answer
Hi Richard,
Thanx for your question.  Sorry to get to you so late.  I have been working on my farm and not checking e-mail.  Not a good excuse.  Please accept my apologies.

All I did when I grew jacaranda from seed was to lightly cover the seed with a good potting soil and keep the medium moist but not soggy.  The seed germinate quickly.  Keep them warm.  They should germinate if I remember correctly it only took my seeds about 10-14 days to germinate but it can sometimes take longer if the seed is older.  Soak the seed overnight to help germinate (I didn't do that.).   Allow the seedlings to grow until they are large enough to handle, usually after second set of leaves.  Grow the seedlings under lights or in a window facing the south or east.  Don't cover up the growing container with plastic or glass or you may burn the seedling.  I hope this helps.
Tom

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo