Seeding and Propagation/Lilac seeds

Question
I would like to  grow from seed an Old Fashion Lilac bush.  I have dried the flowers and can not identify the seeds.  What does the Lilac seed look like?

Answer
Hi Eva,
Thank you for your question.  You have to allow the flower to form fruits.  This means small berries will form after the flowers have been pollinated.  Inside the berries (allow them to dry on the shrub) are the seeds.  They are small.  Here's pic of the pod.
http://allthingsplants.com/plants/photo/152871/  seed are inside the pods.  Do not remove pods from the shrub until they have dried out and started to open.  In the late fall, take the seed and place them in a damp paper towel.  Place the paper towel inside a plastic baggie and leave it in a fridge (not freezer) for 90-120 days.  After that, remove the seed and plant in a pot of regular potting soil about 1/4 inch deep and keep warm in a window sill or 8 inches below a 40W shop light.  The seedlings will emerge sporadically after 30 days.  Transplant the seedlings when they have their second set of true leaves.  I hope this helps.
Tom

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo