Seeding and Propagation/Canna seeds

Question
Will the seeds be the same color as the mother plant I took a few and nicked them they soaking in water I would love to have some other colors

Answer
Hi Teresa,
Thanx for your question.  The seeds will produce plants like the parent plants if they are not hybrids.  Hybrid seeds can result in all kinds of throw-backs and plants of lesser quality.  Sometimes, you might even get a superior result.  It's hard to say.  The key is whether the mother plant is a hybrid.  If she is, then the offspring will have many differences and some will be similar.  I hope this helps.
Tom

Seeding and Propagation

Tom Alonzo