Self Defense/Good target.

tonyb wrote at 2014-11-13 10:09:43
good to read some common sense.

if your defense is sound, and the bad person assaulting you cannot strike effectively then you are safe. do not talk - do and then go....

multiple attackers - Run, your cardio should assist...

sharp weapons - remove wallet and empty it onto ground and do some cardio training...

projectiles - if your not in close and not skilled , you can talk yourself to safety..  

Dr.Bombay wrote at 2014-12-04 08:44:47
While this is a nice and detailed answer, one thing the author says bugs me: How are you supposed to know whether the attacker is going to kill you or not? Will you look into your handy crystal ball?

What or who guarantees he will 'just' punch your lights out, or 'only' break your nose? He might not even intend it; there are instances of people killed by 'mere' punches.

So anytime real punches, with intent to injure, start flying, it must be considered a fight for your health or life. Any law that punishes you for that is a bad law.  

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV