Self Defense/Defensive Tactics Instructor

Hi Marc, What are the steps to become a defensive tactics instructor for the FBI, local sheriff department, and local police department?

The fastest way is being inside those organizations.

The second way is have something they need (and recognize the need)... then get the state to certify you as available for POST (Police Officer Standards Training) continuing education credits.

Of that there are two main ways. One take the 'this is how you apply for it' route which would give Sisyphus a nervous break down.

Two, have an LEO fast track the course from inside. Then you have the hellaciously hard job of marketing it to cops and their departments

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV