Self Defense/Self defense

Question
How do I get my certification in becoming a self-defense instructor.

Answer
*Snicker* you don't.

And if you do get one it's about as valuable and useful as toilet paper.

There is no governing body, board or commission on the subject of martial arts, much less self-defense. While there may be system specific organizations or parent organizations in other countries -- where there is government recognition -- the authority of said organization means absolutely nothing here.

More than that there is no accredited university out there giving degrees in the subject.

Basically -- and this is why there is so much shitty information out there -- anybody can hang up a shingle and claim to teach 'self-defense.' Then teach whatever they want. Their survival in the business really depends on
a) the quality of the information they provide
or
b) how many people they can con into believing their bullshit.

That's why so many so-called self-defense instructors are just flashes in the pan.  

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung