Self Defense/Costs

Hi Marc,

I would like to ask if, with all your  real world experience, you have ever suffered severe injuries such as broken bones or gun/knife wounds. Or whether you have ever done jail or prison time?

Hope you don't mind these questions.

Yep, I've been cut by knives, cracked bones and shit blood. My body is now a great weather predictor. (I hurt like hell when a front is coming in).

As for doing time no. I always remembered the goal was to get away with it. The only 'time' I've done in a correctional institution was as the director/warden

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV