Self Defense/Applegate's Kill Or Get Killed/ Movie Fights

Ian Hogan wrote at 2013-07-14 04:30:23
Marc's correct, there is a major difference between a manual and a handbook, and that's the thing with Colonel Applegates Kill or Get Killed or W E Fairbairn's Get Tough, you need to be able to fill in the gaps,there are combatives teachers out there who can help, but look carefully at these teachers, try to avoid the urban commandos, ask questions, check on their knowledge and background.

Ian Hogan

Oppugnate Combatives

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV