Self Defense/training

Question
is it possible to train by yourself? wouldnt one need a dvd or something in lieu of an instructor

Answer
Depending on how much you already know, it is perfectly okay to train alone if you've already done some training under a good instructor.
It takes alot of honesty and will power to keep it true when doing it solo, and if you don't have the basics trained, it is best you find an instructor that will teach you for a year or so to get your foot in the door.
Try not to do it by the online DVDs- alot of them are fakes and look like they work while they really don't and can get you hurt in a real situation.
Again, if you already have a good grasp of what works and what doesn't, DVDs can help you focus, but they should not be taken as god's truth.
If you don't want to pay for an instructor, find a buddy that's equally interested, and train in a partnership...this way you both can try things out while finding out what works and what doesn't.

Self Defense

Johnny St. Tai