Self Defense/self defense

Question
How do you block a palm heel strike

Answer
A palm heel strike takes two diffrent angles of attack.
1- A rising heel of palm risng under the chin and striking utwards as in boxing uppercut.
2- A  strike that is like a boxer's right hook to the jaw just with an open palm

Both of these strikes done properly can be very damaging; The upper cut type can stretch the spinal cord causing KO and smash teeth together breaking them or cutting off a piece of the tongue. The hook type twist the spinal cord and can cause a KO too.

It is always better to slip a strike than to block it.There are two reasons for this 1-If you block you arrest his forward motion and he is perceptually ready for this and can throw another shot as your block  makes you sttaic for an instant. 2-If you slip his shot his recovery time before he can throw another blow is significantly longer and you have often taken his balance. This gives you the good opening for your counter strike.

Only with practice with partner can you learn these things really. The practice should develop to the contact level of boxing at some point. This way your 'body' slips the shot automatically without thinking.

A heel of pal is used by the knowledgeable because hiitng to the head with a closed fist can often break the bones in the hnad.  Peyton

Self Defense

Peyton Quinn