Self Defense/Betrayal

You say that betrayal is the worse in human communication, but isn't betrayal instinctual?

If you define instinct as behavior that doesn't have to be taught then humans only have two 'instincts' sucking and fear of falling. Everything else is a drive that although we have the urge, we have to learn how it's done in the local environment.

Betrayal isn't an instinct. Arguably it's not even a drive, but it cab be a result of drives.

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV