Self Defense/Psychos...

I hate to bug you with stupid questions but there has been a lot of talk about psychos, fictional and real. For some reason this guy scares me for real, unlike others. What do you think? By the way, what do you think about hypnosis?

Yeah, the Iceman. He wasn't a 'psycho' he was a professional. It was his job. He had a stable family life.  Psychos tend not to be able to function very well in long term relationships.

Overwhelmingly what you see about psychos in movies and books is complete bullshit. That's not how they operate.

Here's a much more useful -- and accurate -- assessment of how they function

This gives you another perspective

The hypnosis question is outside my area

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV