Self Defense/Your preparation

Hello Marc,

I have read most of your work, and I would like to ask you about the training that you underwent in order to survive as a security professional, and even earlier as a Young man.

I mean in terms of styles studied, how mych training you did per week or per day, and what you tended to concentrate on. I realise that you place a premium on social skills, but I am really asking about the physical side of your prep.

Also, what sort of physical regimen you may follow nowadays.

At my heyday I worked out every day for four hours. Thing was my life consisted of working at night, and working out during the day.

After that I scaled back to about an hour a day.

Then I scaled back two twice a week.

There was a thing called life that was going on all around me.

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV