Answers by Expert:
With over 20 years in the Martial Art and combat circle, I can tell you how to train, what to do or not to do in a self defense situation. My trainings included unarmed and weapons, so I can also answer weapon-related questions. I will and can not answer/give legal advice since the law differs from place to place. If you are seeking answers regarding legality issues, best find a lawyer.
20+ years in various Martial Arts and combat trainings.
- Brown belt in triditional Tae Kwon Do- trained from age 7 to age 12.
- Basic Judo training- half a year at age 12.
- Visited Thailand at 13, train in the Muay Sangha branch of Muay Thai kickboxing for half a year.
- Joined the Taiwanese Military School's teen training at 14- completed the nine month training including knife fighting, long and short firearms, field-survival and close quarter combat.
- Basic Taichi training at 15, also trained in the Southern King Cobra Kun Fu and the Iron Mantis Kung Fu.
- Mixed fancing training from 15 to 17, including Epee, Sabre, cavalry, and Iaijutsu.
- Achieved Brown belt in Shorin Ryu Karate- trained from 16 to 18.
- Achieved Master level Counterattack training- from 18 to 23 and have been teaching it since.
- Started recreational boxing at 24, and Yang Style Taichi Sabre fighting at 28.
- Currently training in Krav Maga- aiming for instructor license.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training currently in progress.
- Over 100 Mixed Martial Arts matches won, 28 losses.
- Thwarted six attempted robberies.
- Various street and real combat experience.
Richmond Martial Art
Master Level Counterattack Self Defense, Advanced Weapon Training, a year with the military, brown belt in Shorin Ryu Karate and Tae Kwon Do.
Over 50 students.