Self Defense/Training women to handle their own in the streets vs men getting in charge.

Question
First read this link. BE SURE to READ all the comments after reading the main article because they are very related to my question.

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/lets-you-and-him-fight/

As you can see in the link above, some female posters are irritated with what you said.

Now I'm not making accusations they are feminists because I don't know any of them, never even chatted with the before. But their comments echoes what I seen all the time in the feminist community.

Just read the comments and you'll get the gist of my questions. But the short version of what I am asking.

1)HOw effective would teaching women street saviness be?

2)(MOre importantly) Is it true men getting in charge is what precisely gets us such a high percentage of getting killed historically?

3)SOme posters argue that your incident with the PFB is PROOF that women have thrown away any sense of moral responsibility and genuine duty as "matriarch of the house". Just reread the comments and you'll see more conservative posters fighting off the self-admitted feminists in the articles. I am curious how true is the claim that the rise of feminism is proof that women are throwing away their sacred chastity and become sluts and  neglectful motehrs?

4) Last and MOST IMPORTANTLY-In certain social circles does women attempting to act as authority figures inspires "malicious intent" from guys minding their own business? I'm not talking about Iraq and the ISlamic world or the sexist backwards South America and Mexico but HERE in the UNITED STATES in circles consisting overwhelmingly of AMERICAN-RAISED white people? This comment is what inspired the question.

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/lets-you-and-him-fight/#comment-9794

More later!

Answer
Well first off Dalrock kind of mislabels her by calling her a drama queen. Granted she did like her trauma drama -- but she had a cocaine and booze fueled edge to hers. An edge that wasn't against violence herself. She was also -- in Southern terms (especially Southern Women)-- a hot mess. Her wild sexuality was only second to her craziness. So if they didn't kill her, they sure as hell would have been happy to drag her off and rape her for the insult she'd done to them.

1 Thing is she knew better. While not as deep in the street life as I had been, she'd been around the block more than a few times. She explained that she was heading for the theater because we were late. Which, had it been in Westwood... so what? But she'd been away from the streets a while and she put getting there fast ahead of 'safety.' And why shouldn't she, in better places it wasn't an issue and, as I said, she'd been hanging in better places for the last few years. Places where she could get away with that kind of behavior.

I tell you that because, as I said, she knew better. She had that knowledge and -- for various reasons -- chose not to follow it. That's an important point. We all make mistakes.

So yes teach street savviness, but always remember it has to be practiced.  You don't need it all the time unless you're in the streets, but when you're there, pay attention.

2- Short answer is yes. Men are both more likely to commit violence against others, but at the same time they are more likely to be the victims of it too.

You might want to read Warren Farrell's "Myth of Male Power
http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Male-Power-Warren-Farrell/dp/0425181448

3 -- That's beyond what I can answer. It's WAY more complicated than any one word or cliche answer. I've studied history, culture, religion and technology all my life and questions about division of labor, sustainability, morals, group dynamics, gender/sex, still make me shudder, reach for a bottle of booze and say, "It's complicated."

4 --  you asked: Last and MOST IMPORTANTLY-In certain social circles does women attempting to act as authority figures inspires "malicious intent" from guys minding their own business? I'm not talking about Iraq and the ISlamic world or the sexist backwards South America and Mexico but HERE in the UNITED STATES in circles consisting overwhelmingly of AMERICAN-RAISED white people? This comment is what inspired the question.

You asked a lot more complicated question than you can imagine.

The problem with many social justice movements is that many of the proponents believe that the one word (or phrase) they ascribe to gives them advanced degrees in psychology, anthropology, sociology, economics, history, communication and political science.  They believe this because that uber-word is the foundation of all reality. Everything is a manifestation of racism, sexism, privilege, or whatever underlying cause they ascribe the ills of the world.

BTW, did you know that one of the clinical standards of a paranoid personality disorder is an oversimplistic worldview where EVERYTHING comes from whatever their 'cause' is? They literally can't see things as not being connected ...which is the underpinning of the conspiracy theory approach
http://www.albernstein.com/id61.htm

When someone starts up with one word causes for all the wrongs in the world (racism, sexism, privilege, or whatever) keep this in mind.

I tell you all of that, because a lot of things get laid at the door of one-word-answers that have nothing to do with that, but everything to do with the fact that the person is being an asshole.  The behavior wouldn't go over well no matter who is doing it. But rather than take personal responsibility it's easier to blame ______ism.  

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung