Self Defense/encounter

Question
QUESTION: this is normal om lets say a nyc subway person comes on looking for trouble shouting .so a guy walks in a subway and starts shouting vulgar stuff sits down next to a few people shouts racist remarks calling people crackers then goes on to ramble that hes gonna throw someone in the tracks bust someones jaw etc, very high energy and intense tantrum evryone moves but boy this could have been something wgat do you think of this idk but someone has to really go back in the day and its a bit wierd when u really feel adrenaline rush through your body and stuff.whats your theory on this this person was really getting close to personal space etc.

ANSWER: The adrenal factor is why most martial arts fail in real situation.The loud mouth was interviewing with his crazy talk to see who would show the most fear and thus be the  safest potential victim. If you remain clam and show no fear and never insult them or challenge them, most times it will just be verbal stuff like you experienced.

You felt the adrenal flow in this incident so you now realize it is the big obstacle in self-defense. This in itself is a big step many if not most Black Belts have not come to realize.

But do not ignore or deny the situation either. Keep an eye on them from time to time, they might start shooting so decide what your best escape of cover is beforehand. You could also just get up and go to another car if that is possible.

Dan there is a real world out there beyond the city. Cities naturally produce human predators and thus some justifiable  fear among the inhabitants. Personally I could never live anywhere near a large city the quality of life itself is degraded.You do not and can't realize what pressures you are under until you escape them. Find an escape to the real world Dan,find a way to leave the big city.

QUESTION: It's interesting that you mention about the city .I mean this can happen.anywhere is self defense different in a rural area than big.city? Also the adrenal factor can you elaborate more on this can some training be done to use this adrenal response to ones advantage.let's face it I think most people like in the big city who use different forms of transportation  just wanna get from point a to point b an don't train for this what's the most important thing besides be more alert should city dwellers do?

Answer
There is a marked and clear difference between rural areas and the city in interments of crime in general. Yet you are right that violence can happen anywhere and at anytime.

I am licenses to carry a pistol concealed. But in general I carry only if I am force by necessity to go into the city of Colorado Springs.Mainly I carry then because I know the chances of a "mad shooter' is much greater and I will have a means to stop him.

The more dense a population, then of course the more crime and conflict. Even lab rats reflect this reality if too many are kept in the same cage.

But If one is born and Yet the higher the risk of attack, the more the citizen who follows the law is disarmed from defending themselves. raised in a city it seems 'normal to them. Weapons are and always have been the first choice for self-defense. But in a city the laws favor the criminal by making wepons illegal and only the law abiding will follow the law and thus be unarmed against armed criminal.

Yet a olicapstun peeper spray or a limited blade length knife may be legal where you are.Find out what you can carry legally carry it and have it ready in the 'blink of an eye' if warranted. Know the law in your area.

Mostly be aware of your environment as this allows avoidance, not being there is always your best SD strategy.

Self Defense

Peyton Quinn