Self Defense/Is Biker culture and motorcycling intrinsically dangerous and attract troublemakers just for association?

Question
I know this question is fucking silly as hell but I already ordered a motorcycle and I'm really considering joining a club, or at least spend much of my recent freetime riding on the high ways and dressed in traditional leather biker clothing. You said you were a biker for about  10 years of you life so I am seeking a hardened vets' advice.

If I start going into the Biker world, is violence going to be an unavoidable part of my life? Are all biker gangs criminal and dangerous? If I don't decide to join a club, would I still have to expect trouble just for being in the leather jacket that bikers are stereotyped as wearing?

You always state about feminist complaining to have the right to go to a biker bar unmolested and you also frequently describe about how bikers are dangerous motherfuckers who will smash you skull with a beer bottle for swaggering around. You basically reinforce the TV archetypes of badass biker hardened from the streets in your writing.

Oh extra silly question. You mentioned you always banned colors from bars you worked in because some tough guy is always looking for entertainment and to show the world how badass he is by taking out a biker. If I don't join any club but I wear the leather jacket, boots, pants, and other stuff casually in my freetime, should I expect some guys looking for a challenging fight to harass me all the time (especially when I visit bars)?

Thank you for you future input.

Answer
The answer is 'it depends.'

There are definitely 'rules' that you violate at your own peril. Thing is can you figure out the rules on your own or do you need to get -- what is known on the East coast -- a rabbi? That is someone who takes you under his wing and shows you the ropes. (Hint, get a rabbi.)

Having said that, a big part of the 'it depends' involve how deep into the lifestyle you get and if that includes membership in a club. Club rules are different than biker rules, and dealing with a club rules are different than dealing with an independent.

Then you have the whole criminal enterprise aspect which a lot of clubs are synonymous with -- well basically -- organized crime. That's a snake pit.

And yes, sending the message "I'm a biker" can -- and does -- attract guys who want to challenge you. Your behavior however, has a lot to do with your being selected as a target for this stupidity. Also, you don't have to attend every fight you're invited to  

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung