Self Defense/Is hating a hobby/brand name/franchise/sports team/subject because someone you don't like is into it and/or an expert a form of monkey dancing?

Question
Ok this is something heavily related to violence I've been wondering. about. All too often in feuds between people, I notice if the hated person (or even if the negative feelings toward person is just mere dislike), they end up hating anything associated with the person. If the hated person is say a fan of a TV show, the feuder will start hating that TV show too (despite never having heard of it before prior to the feud). Hell the feuder may even be a fan of the same band that his enemy sequels over but after discovering the enemy purchases merchandise of the Beatles, the feuder starts hating the Beatles and throws away all Beatles CD album he owns. In the worst cases the grudge-holder may even send death threats towards the franchise creators (who have nothing to d with the feud) and even vandalize stores selling the items just to get back at the person he holds grudge over?

Before I continue on with more complex details in a  followup, I am curious is this a form of violence? Do a lot of people with honor culture sand "live by the feud" mindset act this way? What is the logic behind this? Is this a specific type of Monkey Dancing? Because its already common for people to attack stuff associated with group identities (such as the PlayStation 2 being banned in Korea). But to actually witness people becoming anti-Microsoft because the person who made them angry is a computer geek or physically hit  people for wearing a Vulcan T-shirt because their ex-girlfriend is a trekkie just shocks me so much.

Answer
You're talking about haters. That's moving into very specific... territory

In the words of Eric Hoffer:
Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both.

Their hatred is their hobby. The organizing standard and guidelines for their lives. Some people use religion to organize their lives. These people use their hatred.

No it is not monkey dancing, it's beyond that.

And no more follow ups on this topic.

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung