Self Defense/Can "contact" with a hostile person really cause a kind nonviolent person to be aggressive for the rest of the day (and beyond)?

In your Street E and E you stated "emotions" being felt through electromagnetic energy. So it inspired me this question.

Can normal nonviolent and even genuinely nice people suddenly become aggressive because of "electromagnetic energy" from being into contact with sociopaths and the like? As in a pacifist become aggressive for the whole day after meeting Charles Manson? Or even for a whole week?

While I've moved beyond the electromagnetic idea, I still tell people that 'emotions are contagious'

Is there evidence that electromagnetic fields -- whether human or otherwise -- affect us? Yep. But it appears that it is one of many factors, not just the only factor.

But even that doesn't mean you are helpless.
"Between stimulus and response there is a gap. It's a moment of choice about our actions and reactions. Most people blow past this, react out of habit and then claim they were helpless against themselves. Mind the gap.

So yes, other people can 'trigger' you, but it's your decision to react.  

Self Defense

Marc MacYoung

Street self-defense, crime avoidance and personal safety

I grew up in the streets of Los Angeles in 'situational poverty.' I have dealt with criminals and violent people all my life -- both personally and professionally. I have written 15 books and 6 videos on surviving street violence. I was originally published under the name Marc Animal MacYoung. (Animal was my street name). I've taught police and military both internationally and within the US. I've lectured at universities, academies and done countless TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. I'm a professional speaker on crime avoidance and personal safety. And I am an expert witness recognized by the US court system. My bio is at My abridged CV (Curriculum Vitae) is at

See CV

Too numerous to list here. My CV (for my expert witness work in court) is at

Read "In the Name of Self-Defense" the streets don't give a Ph.D in scuffle.

See CV

See CV