Self-Mutilation/should i stop

Question
I self harmed for 1 year a couple years ago. I managed to quite but now i have started again.i managed to quit by myself before and it was a lot of effort. I dont think its worth it again because cutting myself isnt doing that much harm to me. I would go to my school nurse but i dont like her and she would tell my mum and dad and i really dont want them to find out.i cant go anywhere by myself so councilig isnt an option.i cant seem to find the point in stoping again,its a lot of effort for nothing.

Answer
Hi Teresa,

What you are feeling isn't very different from what a lot of people in your situation feel. You may not see cutting as something that is causing a lot of harm to you but it's causing more damage than you know. It's training your brain to see cutting as the only way to feel better instead of something more constructive and healthy. I understand that you don't think you can ask for help but there are a lot of online resources you can use so you can talk to someone about what you are going through. It is definitely in your beat interest to quit now before you fall too deep into the cycle.

Best wishes,
Lacey

Self-Mutilation

Lacey