Self-Storage Auctions/When to auction

I have a storage unit facility in Ohio.  I have a customer that pays a small amount every 60 days or so, keeping me from actioning the contents of this locker.  Is there a gray area in Ohio laws that states a total amount due instead of a time frame of 60 days?  Im loosing money like crazy on this one!!

Do you belong to a State or National storage association?  If you do, you most likely could join the Self Storage Legal Network and get these questions answered very economically. As a storage owner and part of a larger real estate company with in house lawyers, we still belong to this group.

I am not an attorney, but I would suggest stop taking partial payments, demand the entire balance and start the lien process according to your state law.

State lien laws are short have a new one taking place in March in Ohio that even streamlines the process further.  It seems you are making a very small issue much more than it need to be...

Self-Storage Auctions

Lance Watkins

Any questions related to self storage, self storage auctions or the self storage lien process.

15 years of owning and operating self storage facilities in California and developing the largest storage auction information system on the internet.

Self Storage Association

Mini Storage Messenger and Globe Magazine

Graduated George Mason University 1995.