Selling or Buying a Small Business/Toy Manufacturing Business.

Question
Dear William

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy

What will be the investment capital required to start a Toy Manufacturing Business ?.

Toys manufactured will be for children ages from 2 years to 8 years.
Toys manufactured will be of both the categories i.e. Mechanical as well as electro-mechanical type.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello, Prashant, and thank you for your inquiry to AllExperts.

With the information you sent me on the Toy Manufacturing business you would like to create, there is not enough information to give you a sensible answer. However, if you actually want to manufacture as opposed to import and distribute, or outsource to a manufacturing company, then you can have very substantial start up costs in the area of capital expense for sophisticated manufacturing equipment. This can include, for example,  CNC or other types of computer assisted machining items, plastic injection molding equipment, finishing processes and packaging equipment. It depends entirely on how "big" you want to enter this industry.

I believe your first step should probably be meeting with a manufacturing consultant, which you can find on the internet. In that discussion, a major point will be how much money you want and are able to commit to this project. Once that is established, then the manufacturing consultant can "design" the size operation with the necessary equipment you will need to be able to produce the products you want to sell.

This can be a lengthy and time-consuming process, just to get to the point where you are truly ready to begin constructing the manufacturing operation you desire, but a first step would be to meet with a manufacturing expert who can help you lay out a more defined and specific course of action.

Best to you in your venture.

Sincerely,
William Bruno
Senior Broker/Intermediary

Selling or Buying a Small Business

william bruno