Selling or Buying a Small Business/Home-Based Biz Valuation

I am looking for somebody to do a basic (very inexpensive) valuation of our 10-year-old home-based business.  It doesn't have to be extremely detailed, and it's a pretty simple business so it shouldn't be very difficult.  

Do you offer this service?
Or can you help us with a template, etc?

Hi Brian

I do basic business evaluations. There are very expensive and ultra detailed versions but typically those are for larger, more complex operations.

I normally charge $600 for a full evaluation. It involves getting all the details of the business together and plugging the figures in to a basic template and generating a result which is a business value range; not a hard and fast number but a general idea of the selling value of the business.

If you are not wanting to spend money on it I can give you the essential elements of how to break it down but obviously cannot spend a lot of time on it.

Hope this is helpful.

Selling or Buying a Small Business

Rhett Kniep, CBB

I advise others on how to value a business, how to sell a business, and how to buy a business, and give guidance on critical issues such as negotiation and growth strategies. I have knowledge and experience in real estate investing, including company entity structures and raising investment funds.

I have been a licensed agent and broker for over 12 years, selling commercial real estate, residential real estate, and businesses. I am a licensed building contractor of more than 20 years, and have both designed and built commercial and business structures, in addition to selling them.

California Association of Business Brokers, Contractor's State License Board, CA Association of Realtors, Better Business Bureau

The Contractor Investor, published by Phi Logos Publishing 2011, by Rhett Kniep (book on real estate investing for building contractors) Ezine Articles Diamond Author Blog

Certified Business Broker, California Association of Business Brokers, AA communications and am a student at Lincoln Law School in Sacramento. I have done numerous trainings over the years in real estate investing, real estate sales, and marketing.

Stormy Sebring College scholarship, Service Award Good New Rescue Mission, Film School certificate