Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP/Multi Family Camping

Question
Hi MaryJo,

I just came across this site. I was hoping you could answer a couple of question that we have regarding Lodgepole. We are planning a multi-family camping trip in July 2013. There will be 4 families camping together (3 in tents and 1 with a toy hauler). We would like 4 campsites next to each other and we are considering sites 46, 47, 48, & 49 or sites 185, 187, 188, & 188A. We cannot get through to the rangers at Lodgepole to ask specifics about these sites (on the map they look like they are adjacent to one another, but we've booked sites based on maps only in the past and there was a huge hill between them, so we ended up NOT being next to the other family we were camping with). Do you have any information on the sites that we are considering? Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi Beth,

Of the sites that you picked, there are no hills separating them, and they are near each other.  

Sites 46, 47, 48, and 49 are on lower ground, close to the entrance to the campground, and near the stream.  The other sites, 185, 187, 188, & 188A are a little higher up, though in a flat area, and right next to the bathrooms, so they are convenient when you have to wash your dishes.  I stayed in 207 last time, but spent most of my time with my sister in law & family who were at 203.

I think either set of campsites would be fine for you and the family.

Best Regards,

Mary Jo

Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP

MaryJo Mellado Willey