Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP/Sequoia Lodgepole Campground 40 & 41

Question
Hello I was wondering if you had a chance to check out site #40 & #41? We are taking a family trip to Lodgepole and would love a somewhat secluded site near the creek. If you have any other site suggestions it would greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi RLL08,

I think that you will like those sites.  They are near the river, in that you won't have to hike down to it.  If I remember correctly, there are trees, but not too much shade.  I've considered staying at those sites.  You'll have to carry your stuff a little ways from your car, but I think it's worth it.  You're also near restrooms without being too close.

Although you'll be a little ways, there is really no "secluded" campsites at Lodgepole... still, I like that area.

Let me know how it goes.  :)

Mary Jo

Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP

MaryJo Mellado Willey