Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP/Lodgepole Site 128

I recently booked site 128 at Lodgepole Campground in Sequoia for September. After looking at a map and reading further, it looks like this is a walk-in site.

I don't mind a little bit of a schlepp, but if this is going to be a huge "hike" I'd rather look elsewhere.

128 is supposed to be one of the best campsites in the campground, but site 126 is also a possibility too. With the water being low, is there any real advantage to being in site 128 if the river/waterfall is dry?

Sorry to get back to you so late, I was on vacation, and then got sick.

If Campsite 126 is still available, that is a better campsite.  Site 128 is definitely a walk-in site, and one I would consider for people backpacking rather than parking and walking to the site.  Note that Site 126 is also a ways from parking, and you'll have to carry your stuff, but at least it's not uphill like Site 128 is.

Having said that, this is one of my favorite areas for camping at Lodgepole.

Mary Jo

Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP

MaryJo Mellado Willey

I take my children camping in Sequoia often. I have favorite places to visit, and some easy hikes to take. There is also a small lake close by where one can fish, swim, or rent a small boat.

I've camped in both Lodgepole and Dorst campgrounds. There are plusses to both of them.