Seventh-Day Adventists/divorce and pastoral ministry

Pastor Chuck wrote at 2010-05-20 11:41:52
So, Pastor Don, I think we all agree that ALL SIN is under the blood of a new believer, right?  If that is the case (and it is) then who are you are anyone else to say a certain sin (ie. divorce) is different than any other sin and prohibit any "new creature in Christ" from preaching if in fact that is the Heavenly call on his life?

I think you and I both know of ex-cons (Pastor Doug Batchelor is a good example) who are great preachers, but "God forbid" they be divorced.  That is the unpardonable sin.  Wrong!

The "one man, one woman" verse you quote is in referenced to polygamy.  

Pastor Chuck

JJ wrote at 2012-12-03 20:22:19
A real christian will not even consider divorce, unless---God-forbid their life is in danger or there is infidelity.

If there is no biblical reason for divorce, divorce should not be. Are we really having a debate about this....??? What happened to standing on a plain, "Thus saith the Lord".... Please don't tell me we are compromising with the world....................  

Seventh-Day Adventists

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time. If you are interested in a Biblical understanding of SDA theology, I believe that I can help you.

I have been in the ministry 20+ years. I am an avid student of the scriptures, and of theology. During the past 6 years I have spent much of my efforts studying SDA doctrines.

B.S. in Bible